<< Back to DIY
The only part of the invitations that we did not make were the scrolls and the shipping boxes. I ordered the scrolls from Indian Wedding Card. They had all kinds of super-ornate designs, so I customized a plain lavender scroll with chocolate text. They didn’t have any "tassels" that matched our theme, so I just ordered silver ones to be replaced with silver organza ribbon. I designed the header image to include the dragon, phoenix, and double happiness motif.
I had some of the girls over to help replace the wine-colored tassels with pretty silver organza bows on all of the scrolls. They did a great job and we finished in no time! I’d probably still be tying bows if it weren’t for them.
From other DIY projects, the enclosures were organized and brought together. Donny put together the RSVP envelopes.
I stuffed everything into the pocketfolds that I laboriously made.
…while he folded boxes. I bought these boxes from Ebay user megaboxwarehouse. I recommend them. They were cost effective and fast.
It took a LONG time for me to finish stuffing and organizing. After stuffing, each invitation was tied with lavender ribbon. We did a criss cross pattern so that the bow on the scroll would be a focal point, as if to say, "OPEN ME, DAMNIT!" (You see this in the final pictures way below.) This is the back of the pocketfold with the little bow securing the x-pattern.
I printed shipping labels with the tail design on Staples sticker sheets and he stuffed tissue into the boxes. Divide and conquer!
Finally, I took our 220 invitations into assembly-line mode. Open, fix the tissue that he did not properly place into the box, insert filled pocketfold, insert scroll, close box, stick printed and cut label onto box, repeat.
I organized them into groups and continued.
…and here they are ALLLLLLLLLL DONE and ready to be sent.
Postage was not as bad as we thought it would be. The man working when we sent these puppies out definitely hated us, or life, whichever. After an hour of printing and sticking each stamp onto the boxes, he handed us an itemized receipt.
It was 15 feet and 10 inches. The international boxes were on a different receipt that definitely pushed our length past 16 feet.
<< Back to DIY
Filed under: Paper Stuff.